37 Brand-Side Communications Leaders Share Hard-Won Insights On Communicating With Authenticity Through Uncertain & Volatile Times
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 8th February 2023, Central London.
09.10 Withstand Turbulent Times & Navigate Reputational Risks Through Stringent, Proactive Reputation Strategies That Build & Enhance Brand Resilience
- One poorly worded statement can lead to a Twitter firestorm, so how can we build reputation strategies that can withstand social media blowback?
- With so much uncertainty and volatility in the news, what effective tactics can make sure reputation comms cut through the noise and have real impact?
- Maintaining a reputation is difficult but building one can be even harder! Effective tips for starting your reputation journey building your external brand
- When is a conversation your conversation? Avoid accusations of bandwagon jumping and focus on the core values that enhance your brand
09.50 Align Crisis Strategies & Develop Proactive Processes To Protect Against Reputation Threats & Build Brand Resilience
- Failure to prepare = prepare to fail! How can we develop gold-standard crisis action plans to ensure readiness when crisis strikes?
- No external comms come without reputational risk in 2023, so how can we effectively spot potential crises before they and their narrative grow out of control?
- Develop crisis comms strategies with corporate purpose at the heart to ensure brand values are being met even during difficult times
10.20 Optimise Channel Mixes, Develop Innovative Content & Drive Engagement Skywards With Cutting-Edge Social & Digital Media Strategies
- Cutting through the noise on social media has never been harder, so what creative content techniques can truly reach and influence your audience?
- Ensure company values are being presented on social media and drive brand recognition through your authentic voice
- Platform habits are shifting constantly, so how can we define the channels that deliver results and impact the right audience for you?
10.40 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
11.10 Boost Your Reputation In the Eyes of All Stakeholders Through Effective & Authentic ESG Comms Backed By Genuine Actions
- With sustainability so high on the agenda for organisations right now, how can sustainability comms truly cut through and deliver real value?
- Practice what you preach! How can accusations of greenwashing be avoided and ensure your ESG comms are strengthening reputations, rather than harming it?
- Younger generations are more focused on ethics from potential employers, so how can ESG comms be used to attract future talent and boost employer branding?
- Ensure sustainability become business as usual across the organisation through powerful internal comms strategies
Florian Vernay, Head of Corporate Affairs, Communications & Sustainability, Unilever Home Care
11.40 How To Treat Corporate Digital Channels Like A Long-Term Strategic Asset
- Why organisations miss the point of their corporate digital channels and what to do about it
- Using corporate digital as an owned media foundation that supports broader communication goals
- How the corporate website can change minds more effectively than PR campaigns
- Where online newsrooms go wrong and how to fix them
- Which companies are best at using corporate digital channels as a strategic asset for reputation building and lead generation, and what you can learn from them
11.55 Ensure Cohesive Messaging Internally & Build Resilient Employer Brands With Powerful & Engaging Internal Communications That Reach All Colleagues
- Hybrid, flexible, non-office based? How can key messaging be adapted and delivered to employees across complex working styles to ensure all colleagues are reached?
- What creative methods of engaging colleagues with corporate communications can be utilised to win hearts and minds with corporate messaging?
- How can internal comms be used to develop powerful employer branding and turn colleagues into brand ambassadors?
12.15 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
12.45 The Challenges & Opportunities Of Communicating On Sustainability In A Hard To Abate Sector
- Adapt your messaging for different audiences like media, customers and employees
- Simplify complex terms and technologies while avoiding greenwashing
- Constructively face a cross-industry challenge with a collaborative approach
13.05 Morning Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks
13.10 Lunch For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
14.10 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Sonja Hildebrandt, Senior Sustainability Communications Manager, easyJet
14.20 Build Brand Confidence Across Stakeholder Networks During Uncertain Times Through Powerful, Authentic Corporate Comms
- Volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous! With so much happening across the globe, how can organisations navigate these waters to communicate clearly on the issues that matter to stakeholders?
- Uncertain times can turn business-as-usual messaging into a minefield, so how can we ensure that the same vigilance against reputational risk is shown with all comms activities?
- During times of uncertainty, how can the right balance between proactive and reactive comms be met to ensure stability?
14.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
15.20 Prove The Success Of Your Comms Strategies & Secure The Strategic Value Of Corp Comms For The Future
- From data to insight! How can we effectively separate vanity data from the results that can truly inform strategies for the future?
- Move past share price as the defining measurement of reputation and truly show the value comms bring to your brand
- How can the data showing the value of corporate comms be translated for senior leaders to ensure their impact is shown?
David Shriver, Director of Communications , Ocado Group
15.40 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
a) Government Relations
b) Employee Advocacy
c) Proving Value to Internal Stakeholders
d) Comms On A Budget
16.00 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
16.30 Supporting Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Strategies Through Developing & Promoting Authentic Communication
- Reflect the evolving language of EDI in your brand’s tone of voice
- Achieve consistency in your communication while harnessing regional differences in EDI strategies
- Avoid the pitfalls of ‘pride-washing’ and ensure your communication is backed up by stringent actions
16.50 Build Comms Functions Fit-For-The-Future & Proactively Tackle Future Industry Challenges
- What key trends will impact corporate communications over the next 18 months?
- With corp comms functions often being absorbed into marketing or vice versa, what does the future look like for corp comms as a separate industry?
- With comms and messaging so crucial at the moment, how can comms professionals secure their seat at the top table and continue to be trusted advisors to senior leadership?
17.20 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Global Insight Conferences is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best. Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.