40 Communications Leaders Share Hard-Won Insights On Communicating With Authenticity Through Uncertain & Volatile Times
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 8th February 2023, Central London.
09.10 Withstand Turbulent Times & Navigate Reputational Risks Through Stringent, Proactive Reputation Strategies That Build & Enhance Brand Resilience
- One poorly worded statement can lead to a Twitter firestorm, so how can we build reputation strategies that can withstand social media blowback?
- With so much uncertainty and volatility in the news, what effective tactics can make sure reputation comms cut through the noise and have real impact?
- Maintaining a reputation is difficult but building one can be even harder! Effective tips for starting your reputation journey building your external brand
- When is a conversation your conversation? Avoid accusations of bandwagon jumping and focus on the core values that enhance your brand
09.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner – Vuelio
10.05 Align Crisis Strategies & Develop Proactive Processes To Protect Against Reputation Threats & Build Brand Resilience
- Failure to prepare = prepare to fail! How can we develop gold-standard crisis action plans to ensure readiness when crisis strikes?
- No external comms come without reputational risk in 2023, so how can we effectively spot potential crises before they and their narrative grow out of control?
- Develop crisis comms strategies with corporate purpose at the heart to ensure brand values are being met even during difficult times
Kate Delahunty, Group Chief Communications Officer, Flutter Entertainment Plc
10.35 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner - LumApps
10.50 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
11.20 How To Treat Corporate Digital Channels Like A Long-Term Strategic Asset
- Why organisations miss the point of their corporate digital channels and what to do about it
- Using corporate digital as an owned media foundation that supports broader communication goals
- How the corporate website can change minds more effectively than PR campaigns
- Where online newsrooms go wrong and how to fix them
- Which companies are best at using corporate digital channels as a strategic asset for reputation building and lead generation, and what you can learn from them
11.35 Boost Your Reputation In the Eyes of All Stakeholders Through Effective & Authentic ESG Comms Backed By Genuine Actions
- With sustainability so high on the agenda for organisations right now, how can sustainability comms truly cut through and deliver real value?
- Practice what you preach! How can accusations of greenwashing be avoided and ensure your ESG comms are strengthening reputations, rather than harming it?
- Younger generations are more focused on ethics from potential employers, so how can ESG comms be used to attract future talent and boost employer branding?
- Ensure sustainability become business as usual across the organisation through powerful internal comms strategies
Florian Vernay, Head of Corporate Affairs, Communications & Sustainability, Unilever Home Care
Anna Salter, UK Head of Consultancy, Onclusive
12.05 The Challenges & Opportunities Of Communicating On Sustainability In A Hard To Abate Sector
- Adapt your messaging for different audiences like media, customers and employees
- Simplify complex terms and technologies while avoiding greenwashing
- Constructively face a cross-industry challenge with a collaborative approach
Sonja Hildebrandt, Senior Sustainability Communications Manager, easyJet
12.25 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner - Signal AI
12.40 Ensure Cohesive Messaging Internally & Build Resilient Employer Brands With Powerful & Engaging Internal Communications That Reach All Colleagues
- Hybrid, flexible, non-office based? How can key messaging be adapted and delivered to employees across complex working styles to ensure all colleagues are reached?
- What creative methods of engaging colleagues with corporate communications can be utilised to win hearts and minds with corporate messaging?
- How can internal comms be used to develop powerful employer branding and turn colleagues into brand ambassadors?
14.10 Learn How One Of The Largest UK Universities Emerged From The Pandemic & Enhanced Their Online Presence Through Impactful Content Related To Research Communications And Student Experience
- Learn how their proactive, engaging work via social media platforms led to positive outcomes with internal and external audiences.
Lucy Occleston, Social Media & Digital Communications Coordinator, The University of Manchester
Ruby Lowe, Social Media & Digital Communications Coordinator, The University of Manchester
14.30 From Analytics to Intelligence: Is social media really telling you what you think it is?
- Five years ago, brands wanted to know how their social activity and presence compared to their competitors. Today their objective is to get a better understanding of audiences and target groups. This presentation will cover:
- Use-cases for consumer insights: audience segmentation, trend forecasting, equity tracking, competitive benchmarking, customer experience analysis, reputation monitoring, content ideation, campaign measurement.
- Social monitoring vs. listening vs. insight — What's the difference?
- Lionsgate Case study: explaining how they are able to go beyond basic analytics and moving into social intelligence (including image recognition) with Meltwater.
Samantha Monk, Global Enterprise Director, Meltwater
14.45 Build Brand Confidence Across Stakeholder Networks During Uncertain Times Through Powerful, Authentic Corporate Comms
- Volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous! With so much happening across the globe, how can organisations navigate these waters to communicate clearly on the issues that matter to stakeholders?
- Uncertain times can turn business-as-usual messaging into a minefield, so how can we ensure that the same vigilance against reputational risk is shown with all comms activities?
- During times of uncertainty, how can the right balance between proactive and reactive comms be met to ensure stability?
15.15 How to avert an online crisis (with 3 real-world examples)
Social media moderation veteran Rebecca Fitzgerald will guide you through the proactive steps you can take right now to protect your brand reputation and reduce your exposure to potential online crises.
- Dealing with fake news, scams and rumours quickly
- How to reassure your audience and promote confidence in your brand during challenging times
- How to deal with disgruntled employees
- Take control of your influencer programme
- Keep your online spaces and communities safe
Rebecca Fitzgerald, CEO & Founder, StrawberrySocial
15.30 Prove The Success Of Your Comms Strategies & Secure The Strategic Value Of Corp Comms For The Future
- From data to insight! How can we effectively separate vanity data from the results that can truly inform strategies for the future?
- Move past share price as the defining measurement of reputation and truly show the value comms bring to your brand
- How can the data showing the value of corporate comms be translated for senior leaders to ensure their impact is shown?
David Shriver, Chief Reputation Officer, Ocado Group
15.50 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
a) Government Relations
b) Proving Value to Internal Stakeholders
d) Comms On A Budget
16.10 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
16.40 Supporting Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Strategies Through Developing & Promoting Authentic Communication
- Reflect the evolving language of EDI in your brand’s tone of voice
- Achieve consistency in your communication while harnessing regional differences in EDI strategies
- Avoid the pitfalls of ‘pride-washing’ and ensure your communication is backed up by stringent actions
17.00 Build Comms Functions Fit-For-The-Future & Proactively Tackle Future Industry Challenges
- What key trends will impact corporate communications over the next 18 months?
- With corp comms functions often being absorbed into marketing or vice versa, what does the future look like for corp comms as a separate industry?
- With comms and messaging so crucial at the moment, how can comms professionals secure their seat at the top table and continue to be trusted advisors to senior leadership?
Rebecca Northridge, Head of Corporate Communications, Europe & Canada, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
17.30 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Global Insight Conferences is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best. Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.